The E-way bill for inter-state movement of goods became a reality in India on April 01, 2018. The generation of E-way bill for intra-state movement of goods under the GST regime has been implemented from April 15 in five states. These are Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Kerala, Telangana and Uttar Pradesh. While this electronic bill is an initiative to curb down tax evasions many people are yet to get a thorough understanding of the same.
What is an E-way bill?
E-way bill is an electronic documentation or a mechanism to track inter-state as well as intra-state movement of goods. These are required to be generated electronically before transporting goods valued over Rs 50,000 within or outside the state.
Every registered person either consignor or consignee, who is causing the movement of goods of value exceeding Rs 50,000;
- -in relation to a supply (e.g. sale, purchase, etc.); or
- -for reasons other than supply (e.g. job work, goods sent on approval basis, exhibition purpose, demo, SKD/CKD, etc); or
- -due to inward supply from an unregistered person
shall electronically fill the details in Part-A of Form GST EWB-01 before commencement of movement of goods and a unique number shall be generated on the said portal.
You can generate your E-way bill by visiting ewaybillgst.gov.in portal and registering yourself. All you need to do is fill in your GSTIN no. and your good to go. You can also register through mobile App, SMS/text messages as well as offline tools. Post registration, a unique E-way bill number (EBN) is allocated to the supplier, recipient, and the transporter. Basically, E-way bill is a replacement of the Way bill which was a physical document used for the movement of goods during the VAT regime. The current E-way bill must be carried by transporters for the movement of goods and can be generated by any of the above mentioned entities i.e. the supplier, recipient or the transporter.
Who should generate E-way bill?
There are three different ways of E-way bill generation:
- Registered Persons- Every GST registered person whether he is a consignor/consignee or a recipient must generate an E-way bill before the movement of goods worth more than Rs 50,000.
- Unregistered Persons- When an unregistered person is the cause of movement of goods i.e. he is a consignor/consignee then either the transporter or the registered person who is a consignee/consignor, respectively needs to ensure that all the compliances are met.
- Transporters-Transporters carrying goods need to generate E-way bill if the supplier has not generated the same.
Deskera’s GST ready software helps you generate E-way bill for bulk transactions
Deskera is an emerging leader of integrated business management software products, being provided on cloud. It is among the first few companies who are GST ready to cater to India’s biggest tax reform and help companies move to GST. Deskera’s products are truly “Made in India” offering a complete suite of business applications on the cloud. It has a strong presence in the South-East Asian market and are the no. 1 choice of SMEs in the region.
With hands on experience of moving enterprises from non-GST to GST regime, Deskera is the most preferred ERP software for Indian enterprises. Deskera’s GST-ready application provides the ease of creating E-way bill at the click of a button.
- Our application allows you to capture all E-way bill related data via fields which are mandatory for E-way bill template in relevant outward and inward documents.
- Once you have filled in this data, you can extract all this information in an excel sheet and validate using offline tool. Thus avoiding manual data feeding for each transaction.
- After validation E-way bill can be uploaded on the E-way bill portal. Hence, Deskera allows you to generate E-way bill report for bulk transactions.
Other unique features of Deskera:
- Deskera ERP simplifies the newly implemented GST taxation by means of a simple, scalable account and financial management system.
- It allows you to conduct business on a pan-India basis with a single ERP system.
- Deskera ERP can easily calculate the applicable GST based on the government’s ‘Place of Supply’ rule by virtue of which GST becomes a destination-based tax and is levied at the point of delivery.
- It helps calculate state GST, central GST and integrated GST within one ERP system and generate smart reports for tracking applicable rates in a single view.